Fall Application & Informational Schedule: https://flac.tamu.edu/schedule/
Why apply to FEAST?
We foster a strong love for A&M. A strong pride for the Aggie spirit and everything that goes along with being an Aggie. FEAST is a family. We love and support each other unconditionally. As long as you’re in FEAST, you will have someone to help you through the hard times. When you’re in FEAST, you will feel loved no matter who you are. FEAST has such a diverse group of freshmen that no matter where you come from or what you define yourself as you will have a home in our organization.
To provide a glimpse into what the experience of being in ASSIST looks like, the FLO’s Student Leaders completed an assessment of their previous year. The following should be used as information to help you make an informed decision about being a member of AFC, but please note that your experience may look different.
What does a “week in FEAST” look like?
The week begins with a mandatory meeting! there are then weekly/ bi-weekly committee meetings (determined by the individual committee)! FEAST also attends various optional sporting events all throughout the week together. There is also the option to participate intramural sports! Groups are constantly going on and off campus to eat!
What did the remote experience look like due to COVID-19?
FEAST did bi-weekly zoom meetings so everyone could keep in touch! We also did a virtual banquet recapping the whole year!
Being involved with FEAST I can expect to pay…
|Dues & Known Costs||· Fall Semester: $160
· Spring Semester: $50
FLOs are evaluated yearly based on several factors. Three of these factors are Leadership, Service, and Social. Here is what last year’s members experienced in these areas:
|Leadership||· Professional Speaking – 2 hours on communication
· LinkedIn Workshop – 45 min on using LinkedIn
· End of the year formal – (was organized and planned but not executed)
· Freshmen designed and handled purchasing of shirts
· Speaker Dr. Zhogu – 1 hour on communication & EQ
· Fuji-Film spekers – 1 hour on their business and college recruitment
· Resume workshop – 1 hour
· ETAM and major change presentation – 1 hour
· Research presentation – 1 hour
· Power Plant tour – On Campus tour of power plant
· Student Development – Two 1 hour meetings covering mental health and maintaining health while in school”
|Service||· Brazos County Food Bank – 6 hours (3 trips)
· Shack-a-thon: agreed to take part in event
· Big Event: agreed to take part in event
|Social||· FREE/FEST Finals Study event
· Initial Hang out
· FESTgiving – FEST Thanksgiving out at Lake Bryan – 4 hour social
· FESTivities – 1 hour FEST Christmas party
· Boys and Girls night – 2 hour social splitting guys and girls
· Boys and Girls night flipped – 2 hour guy directors with girl members and vice versa
· FLO Football Game ticket pull – pulled tickets for UTSA game and attended game as FLO
· FEST trivia night – 1 hour committee competition
· Capture the Flag – 2 hour committee committee competition
· Challenge night – 1 hour social full of different challenges
· Valentines party – 1 hour
· FLO baseball game – went to New Mexico state baseball game
· Austin Retreat – Weekend retreat to Austin
Does FEAST have a Big/Little Program? Yes
What does the Big/Little Experience entail?
Freshmen will be split up into groups of about 5 freshmen and paired with 3 Bigs! They will meet about twice a month to do various fun events (going out to eat, movie night, trampoline park) to just relax and meet new people!
Want to learn more?
Attend the FLAC Coordinated livestreams, informationals, and reach out to the student leaders using the contact information available on this page.
Find the full recruitment schedule here: https://flac.tamu.edu/schedule/
Want to Apply?
Go to: https://flac.tamu.edu/apply/